Monday, June 15, 2009

Lake Como column


I was recently in Italy and spent several days at Lake Como (Lago di Como). It's beautiful--which for me isn't necessarily a motivating factor when it comes to taking personal photographs. Something about beauty that has a pre-formatted quality I'd rather not repeat.

One morning, while appreciating the gardens of the Villa Monastero on the perimeter of Varenna, I realized that it's beauty offered up different possibilities. I was able to mix unresolved formal elements and add historical time to the image. Pulling images out of situations can sometimes be hit and miss. Here the possibilites seemed plentiful, and the time spent shooting was as pleasurable as any I can remember.

1 comment:

James Ray Spahn said...

Nice image Robert! As always great work. Love your images.....r12