Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Photolucida 2011 part III

Photolucida provided the opportunity to meet some photographers who've I've only known online. The toy camera work of Thomas Michael Alleman and Gordon Stettinius have been inspirational and I was pleased to convey that to them directly. I enjoyed hearing Gordon tell how he came to be the conservator and publisher of Gita Lenz's very satisfying photography. Elizabeth Sunday is a photographer who's work in Africa I've known about but had not seen in person. Her prints are wonderful and her generous comments about my efforts were also appreciated. I also enjoyed seeing Tami Bone's great prints and hearing her discuss her working methods in that charming Texas accent.

More Portland pictures taken while at Photolucida last week.


No comments: